Vision, Mission, and Core Values
To be international leaders in veterinary medicine, biomedical sciences, and public health rooted in service, fueled by a passion to improve health, and focused on innovation and education
The mission of this college is to protect and enhance animal, human, and environmental health and welfare through
- the education of a diverse population of professional, post-graduate, and undergraduate students in preparation for careers in the broad areas of veterinary medicine, biomedical sciences, and public health;
- the creation, dissemination, and application of new medical and public health knowledge via discovery, publication, education, and engagement; and
- the provision of excellent and compassionate clinical service to animals, animal owners, and producers in Virginia, Maryland, and the surrounding region.
- Education is at the core of our mission. We will create and maintain an environment that allows all members to learn and grow to their full potential.
- Human resources are our greatest strength. We promote personal and professional development through a culture that recognizes and rewards contributions and achievements.
- We respect and esteem the human/animal bond and the dignity of all animals and people. We offer preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic services within a compassionate environment.
- We seek to relieve suffering and promote the well-being of both animals and people through the responsible conduct of clinical, biomedical, and public health research.
- We are an organization that operates with public funds to serve the public good. We will prudently and responsibly steward our human, fiscal, and natural resources.
- We adhere to the principles of trust, respect, and courtesy in all things.