College Brand Guide
Brand Guide Resources
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is classified as a "sub-brand" of the Virginia Tech brand. Because we are a partnership between Virginia Tech and the University of Maryland, our brand is "prominently linked to the core brand" of Virginia Tech while still being allowed a distinctive personality that represents our unique mission.
The information in this Brand Guide addresses the branding components that are specific to the veterinary college or are more commonly used in college communications than in most other Virginia Tech colleges. For branding guidelines not addressed in this guide, please consult the Virginia Tech Brand Guide.
By consistently and accurately taking advantage of the resources provided in this guide, you strengthen the college’s presence and expand its reach. Presenting information using these resources, standards, and guidelines will save you time and raise the bar in developing trusting, productive, rewarding relationships with our many diverse constituents. Contact the college’s Communications and Marketing team using the Communications Request Form to learn more about how your use of the brand guide can help advance our college.
To request the Advancement Office's services (e.g., design, photos, video, college logos, website content, news release), contact the college's Communications and Marketing team using our Communications Request Form.
The college provides branded templates for letterhead, envelopes, PowerPoint slides, and email signatures customized for various departments, programs, and units.
- For letterhead and envelopes, contact the administrative assistant for your department, program, or unit.
- PowerPoint and email signature templates are available on the college Intranet.
Information on how to order business cards for VA-MD Vet Med faculty and staff will be available soon.
Earlier this semester, the university announced that, effective May 31, 2021, printing will no longer be offered through Virginia Tech Printing Services and that no new orders will be accepted after May 1. The VT Branding team is currently working with VT Procurement to establish licensed vendor options and procedures for ordering university business cards.
Student merchandise requests
The use of the official Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine logo on merchandise must be requested and/or approved through the Associate Director for Student Support and Admissions.
- Please submit all logo use requests with a minimum of two weeks lead time prior to order date.
- Use of Virginia Tech branding (including use of the VT symbol or the Hokie Bird) materials will require four-week lead time to receive authorization.
Department/college units merchandise requests
College promotional merchandise for departmental units/or programs must be requested using the Communications Request Form for approval by the Communications and Marketing team.
- Please submit all requests with a minimum of six weeks lead time prior to order date.
- Use of Virginia Tech branding (including use of the VT symbol or the HokieBird) materials will require four-week lead time to receive authorization.