College Brand Guide
Guidance and resources for brand compliance
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is classified as a sub-brand of the Virginia Tech brand. Because we are a partnership between Virginia Tech and the University of Maryland, our brand is prominently linked to the core brand of Virginia Tech while still being allowed a distinctive personality that represents our unique mission.
This guide addresses the branding components that are specific to the veterinary college or are more commonly used in college communications. For branding guidelines not addressed in this guide, please consult the Virginia Tech Brand Center.
By consistently and accurately employing the resources provided in this guide, you strengthen the college's presence and expand its reach. Presenting information using these resources, standards, and guidelines will both save you time and raise the bar in developing trusting, productive, rewarding relationships with our many diverse constituents. To learn more about how your use of the brand can help advance our college, please contact the college's Communications and Marketing team using the Communications Request Form.
To ensure consistency and brand compliance, all merchandise — including swag, apparel, office gifts, promotional displays, banners, signage, and packaging — bearing reference to VA-MD Vet Med/Virginia Tech must be produced by a licensed vendor and reviewed by the university's Licensing and Trademarks office. Officially licensed vendors are required to follow strict fair-labor practices that meet the Virginia Tech Licensee Code of Conduct.
Because ordering items for your student chapter/department/program can be daunting, we've put together this quick guide to simplify the process for you. This process can take up to two weeks, so we encourage you to plan ahead. The Licensing and Trademarks office is always willing to help and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decide what type of promotional product you're seeking.
- Select the licensed vendor(s) you'd like to work with.
- All products featuring a university trademark must be produced by a licensed vendor.
- More information is available at brand.vt.edu/licensing.
- Download VA-MD Vet Med or Virginia Tech logos.
- High-quality versions of all VA-MD Vet Med logo variants are available on the college Intranet. A valid Virginia Tech PID and password are required.
- If you require the college logo, but do not have access to the Intranet, please complete a Communications Request Form.
- The VA-MD Vet Med seal is recommended for formal items, but can be used on department/program apparel.
- Learn more about VA-MD Vet Med logo use.
- Contact your chosen licensed vendor.
- Submit your artwork to the licensed vendor or work with the licensed vendor to design brand-compliant artwork.
- Once the artwork has been submitted to or created by the licensed vendor, it is the responsibility of the licensed vendor to submit the artwork to the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC)'s online review system, Brand Manager 360, which will prompt review by Virginia Tech's Licensing and Trademarks office.
- The Licensing and Trademarks office will review the artwork. If there are questions, the artwork will be submitted to the VA-MD Vet Med Office of Advancement for final approval. The artwork will be approved if it complies with the VA-MD Vet Med/Virginia Tech brand and fits within licensing guidelines. If adjustments are needed to meet these standards, the vendor will be notified and will work with you to make those changes.
- Once the artwork has been approved, your vendor is free to produce your products!
The college provides branded templates for letterhead, envelopes, PowerPoint slides, and email signatures customized for various departments, programs, and units.
- For letterhead and envelopes, contact the administrative assistant for your department, program, or unit.
- PowerPoint and email signature templates are available on the college Intranet.
Article ItemVA-MD Vet Med Color and Fonts , article
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is classified as a sub-brand of the Virginia Tech brand. In order to maintain a consistent college brand identity, we have our own official set of colors and fonts that are associated with our brand.
Article ItemVA-MD Vet Med Logos and Seal , article
The college's logo is the most visible and memorable branding tool. It is important to use the logo in a consistent and professional manner in order to build and preserve the strength of our brand.
Article ItemVA-MD Vet Med Writing Style , article
All VA-MD Vet Med communications adhere to Virginia Tech’s University Style Guide, maintained by University Relations; however, several rules and usages common at the veterinary college are not directly covered by the University Style Guide.