Wayde Shipman, DVM, MS
VA-MD College of Veterinary Medicine
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Master of Science (Computer Information Systems), 2003
University of Houston – Clear Lake
Clear Lake, TX
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, 1976
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX
- Medical terminology
- Web based systems to enhance, expand and standardize medical terminology
Veterinary Medical Information Specialist
Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Practicing Veterinarian and Clinic Owner
Practiced small animal veterinary medicine in Houston and managed the clinic.
Computer consulting services
Rice University, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Developed interface to remotely control a mechanical engineering lab experiment named Spendulap via the Internet using a client-server architecture. HTML and Java applets were used to control the experiment and communicate via TCP/IP to a LabView controller. Results of the experiment were returned to the client and graphed.
Instructor in Pathobiology
University of Tennessee – Knoxville, College of Veterinary Medicine
Taught veterinary students in basic pathology and animal autopsies. Provided autopsy and histopathology diagnoses to the clinical department. Collaborated with researchers in the clinics.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association for Veterinary Medical Informatics
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Veterinary Medical Licenses: Colorado, Texas
- Congenital hypothyroid dwarfism in a family of giant schnauzers. Greco DS, Feldman EC, Peterson ME, Turner JL, Hodges CM, Shipman LW. J Vet Intern Med. 1991 Mar-Apr;5(2):57-65.
- Colonic anastomosis: evaluation of an end-to-end crushing and inverting technique. Richardson DC, Duckett KE, Krahwinkel DJ Jr, Shipman LW. Am J Vet Res. 1982 Mar;43(3):436-42.
- Oxalate toxicosis in captive large felids. Kitchen, H., W. Shipman, and D. Black. American Association of Zoo Veterinarians Annual Proceedings 1979:270-275.